Serve as the first point of contact for customers, delivering excellent customer service. Answer inbound phone calls, identify and resolve
caller needs, and provide information. The successful candidate must have; excellent problem-solving, listening, communication, and
customer service skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone.
- Ability to handle a “call center” environment: work quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to exercise good judgment to handle calls appropriately.
- Ability to demonstrate good customer service.
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening.
- High School or GED required.
- One year of experience in customer service and/or related clinical environment; working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful.
JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Answer telephone promptly and in a polite and professional manner.
- Answer questions and offer other information, as requested, to provide patient-focused service and a positive impression of the organization.
- Direct calls to other departments as needed.
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics.
- Use sound judgment in handling calls, especially with upset patients.
- Understanding of when to escalate calls to physicians/practice manager/triage nurse.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.