Bullet Journaling is a great way to manage your life, become more organized, save money, and keep up with your to-do lists. If you are someone that constantly forgets appointments or always feels like you are missing something at the end of the day, then bullet journaling can be perfect for you. This type of journaling involves using short words and phrases, as well as symbols, to make notes in an organized journal.
What are the benefits?
You may have a basic understanding of what bullet journaling is and how it works but might not realize how many benefits there are. This form of journaling is an excellent way to become more organized and to relieve a lot of your stress. Look at all the benefits it can provide:
- It relieves stress and anxiety. Since everything you do or think in any given day is recorded in the journal, it can relieve a lot of your stress and anxiety. You might have stress from trying to do too much, but when you have to-do lists and a schedule of tasks, it makes it a lot easier to do the tasks one at a time. It also helps you find triggers for your stress and anxiety.
- You don’t need a lot to get started. Bullet journaling not only provides a lot of benefits to your life but also is quite easy to do. All you need is a journal and something to write with. The rest is completely up to you.
- It helps you lose weight. If you want to lose weight or manage your current weight, you can have a diet and fitness tracking section. You will record the water you drink and everything you eat, keep track of exercises, and use it to create a new fitness routine.
- You can start a business or save toward a goal. No matter what types of aspirations or goals you have, the bullet journal has the potential to help you reach that goal.
Components of a Bullet Journal
Bullet journaling is easy to do, and while you have the freedom to do it however you like, there are a few things you should try to include. Some important components of a bullet journal are:
- Index — Since there are going to be a lot of different sections in your journal, it is extremely helpful to have an index. Just like a book, this is in front of your journal and includes the page number of each major section. For example, you can have things like work, finances, tasks, diary entries, diet and exercise, and bucket list as sections in the index.
- Page numbers — Since you have an index, you also need page numbers. As you go through and start working on your journal, write a page number on each page, including front and back pages.
When choosing a journal, try to go with a thick, hard-bound book. You want it to be protected from accidental damage and last as long as you need it. Choose one that is small enough to fit in your handbag or briefcase and that you want to use every day.