The ER Tech EMT-Paramedic in the Emergency Department setting is responsible for assisting the RN and Physician with patient care, carrying out delegated tasks within their scope of practice. The ER Tech EMT-Paramedic must assist the licensed nursing personnel in meeting the education, physical, and psychosocial needs of patients based on their age-specific needs. The ER Tech EMT-Paramedic must involve the patient, parents, and family/significant others in the plan of care. Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff, or patient issue. The ER Tech EMT-Paramedic is responsible for maintaining the standards of care in a holistic, family centered and individualized manner. In the performance of his/her job duties, the ER Tech EMT-Paramedic is responsible for maintaining quality and guest relations.
• Texas licensure as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)- with 3 years of hospital emergency room experience preferred.
• Or Texas licensure as an Paramedic with 1 years of hospital emergency room experience preferred.
• Or must have a Certification of an CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) with minimum of five years’ experience in a hospital emergency room setting.
• BLS required. ACLS and PALS preferred but not required.
• Strong communication skills both in oral format and written.
• Flexible and service oriented.
• Problem solving skills and ability to critically think in an emergency setting.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Potential physical activity such as heavy lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of objects over 100 lbs.
• Maintains continuing education as needed for licensure.
• Carry out delegated tasks as assigned by the RN and/or Physician within the EMT-P scope of practice.
• Follow protocols, written by the medical director, as they pertain to specimen collection, or any other delegated task.
• Documents accurately in the electronic medical records, maintaining patient privacy and adheres to HIPAA standards.
• Documents appropriately and accurately in all log books in the laboratory when documenting patient lab results.
• Reports critical lab values appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Assists with the stabilization and continues treatment of patients in the emergency department.
• Assists nurses in performing direct patient care activities.
• Stocks departments/rooms daily.
• Exhibits positive attitude towards performances of duties/customer service skills.
• Assists in ensuring all chest pain patients receive EKG within 10 minutes of arrival.
• Answers calls for assistance by staff and patients promptly.
• Rounds on patients to provide appropriate comfort measures for patients.
• Coordinates patient care activities with nurses.
• Assists in keeping all areas of the Emergency Department neat, organized, and clean. Returns/cleans equipment after use.
• Actively looks for ways to improve patient care in the Emergency Department.
• Collects/processes specimens in proper, timely manner.
• Promotes positive image of SignatureCare Emergency Center in all interactions.
• May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
• Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
• While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit; The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must submit to random drug screenings.
(NONE / SOME / FREQ / VR. FREQ)
LIFTING 0-50 LBS – FREQ
CARRYING 0-50 LBS – FREQ
PUSHING 0-300 LBS – FREQ
PULLING 0-300 LBS – FREQ
STOOPING, KNEELING – SOME
CRAWL – SOME
CLIMB – SOME
BALANCE – SOME
SOME = less than 30% of time. FREQ = between 34%-66%. VR. FREQ = 67% or greater
WORKING POSITION %
• Sitting 10%
• Walking 50%
• Standing 40%
(x) Manual dexterity (eye/hand coord)
(x) Perform shift work
(x) Maneuver weight of patients
(x) Hear alarms/telephones/tape recorder
(x) Walk/stand __about 90% of shift
(x) Reach above shoulder
(x) Repetitive arm/hand movements
(x) Finger dexterity
(x) Color Vision
(x) Acuity- Far
(x) Acuity- Near
(x) Depth perception
(x) On Call
(x) Use of Latex products
(x) Exposure to toxic/chemicals/detergents
(x) Exposure to extreme conditions, hot/cold
(x) Exposure to dust/fumes/helicopters
(x) Exposure to moving mechanical parts
(x) Exposure to potential electrical shock
(x) Exposure to x-ray/electromagnetic energy
(x) Exposure to high pitched noises
(x) Exposure to communicable diseases
(x) Blood born pathogen exposure
(x) Gaseous risk exposure
(x) Use of a fitted respirator
Please use our Online Application to apply for this position or simply complete the form below. Those we are interested in interviewing will be contacted.
SignatureCare Emergency Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or veteran status. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skills required for this position.
Apply for Open Emergency Room (ER) Positions Please complete the form below to apply for any open position.
* Field is required