The Assistant Facility Nurse Manager is a licensed professional responsible for maintaining the standards of the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The Assistant Facility Nurse Manager assists the Facility Manager with all the facility’s activities to assure coordination within the company mission and vision. The Assistant Facility Manager is responsible for safe, effective patient care and providing leadership and promotion of staff development. In performing his/her professional practice the assistant facility manager is responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness, quality improvement, and guest relations. Care will include individualized, holistic, family centered and safe care. The RN cares for patients in the age ranges as listed: infants, adolescents, adults to geriatrics.
- Graduate of an accredit school of Professional Nursing, preferably with a Baccalaureate or Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Current registration and licensure with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the state or a Compact state.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience preferred
- Preferably works the night shift
- Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider, ACLS, PALS or ENPC. Must have a current care from an American Heart Association (AHA) recognized course.
- TNCC & CEN preferred.
- Experience obtaining and maintaining certification through BNE and state regulatory bodies
JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Will assist Facility Manager with 24-hour accountability.
- Will assist Facility Manager lead the nursing, radiology and front office departments; provide conflict resolution for facility issues.
- Serves as secondary contact for all internal communication.
- Will assist Facility Manager Monitor patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues.
- Will assist Facility Manager in hiring, termination, and coordinating necessary HR approvals.
- Will assist Facility Manager monitor, coach, develop, and evaluate performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards. Collaborate with respective Directors/Director of Nursing and Director of Operations on technical aspects.
- Will assist Facility Manager coordinate and conduct monthly facility meetings in collaboration with Facility Medical Director.
- Will assist Facility Manager to ensure staff is fully certified, facility inspections are current, and ER is performing in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks & projects in a productive manner.
- Must be able to work independently.
The Facility Administrator is also the Assistant Facility Nurse Manager. The Assistant Facility Manager would assist in the following
responsibilities to include:
- Completes administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Responsible for implementation and education of all new policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly work schedule for department, schedule PTO, and minimize overtime.
- Review all facility hours and submit to payroll.
- Responsible for covering any open nursing shifts in ER in the event no one is available.
- Responsible for orientation of new staff.
- Maintain Laboratory in accordance with CLIA, COLA, TJC standards.
- Responsible for conducting regular inventory checks and ensuring the facility maintains par levels of patient care supplies.
- Willing to provide direct patient care when required, models expected behavior to staff.
- Effectively manages conflict in facility.
- Works with all departments to improve coordination of care.
- Creates and maintains atmosphere in the work place that is conductive to employees personal and professional growth,
- Assists in managing patient volumes/flow processes.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
SignatureCare Emergency Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or veteran status. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work performed by Radiology Lead Technicians assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skills required of Radiology Lead Technicians so classified.To apply for this or any other position fill out and attach your resume using the below form.