The EMT-Paramedic in the Emergency Department setting is responsible for assisting the RN and Physician with patient care, carrying out delegated tasks within their scope of practice. The EMT-Paramedic is responsible for carrying out patient reassessments and potential stabilization of critically ill or injured patients following medical director protocols. The EMT-Paramedic is a licensed professional responsible for maintaining the standard of care in a holistic, family centered and individualized manner. In the performance of his/her job duties, the EMT-Paramedic is responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness and guest relations.
- Texas Licensure as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)-Paramedic
- BLS, ACLS, PALS required. TNCC, ITLS preferred but not required.
- Minimum two year experience as an EMT-Paramedic. Hospital experience preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills both in oral format and written.
- Flexible and service oriented
- Problem solving skills and ability to critically think in an emergency setting.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Potential physical activity such as heavy lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of objects over lOO lbs.
- Maintains continuing education as needed for licensure.
- Carry out delegated tasks as assigned by the RN and/or the physician within the EMT-P scope of practice
- Follow protocols, written by the medical director, as they pertain to medication administration, specimen collection, or any other delegated task.
- Documents accurately in the electronic medical records, maintains patient privacy and adheres to HIPAA standards.
- Documents appropriately and accurately in all log books in the laboratory when documenting patient lab results.
- Reports critical lab values appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assists with the stabilization and continued treatment of patients in the emergency department.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
Please use our Online Application to Apply for this position. Those we are interesting in interviewing will be contacted.
SignatureCare Emergency Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or veteran status. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work performed by EMTs assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skills required of EMTs so classified.