The ER Tech in the Emergency Department setting is responsible for assisting the RN and Physician with patient care, carrying out delegated
tasks within their scope of practice. The ER Tech must assist the licensed nursing personnel in meeting the education, physical, and
psychosocial needs of patients based on their age-specific needs. The ER Tech must involve the patient, parents, and family/significant others
in the plan of care. Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or follow-up with physician, staff, or patient issue. The ER Tech is
responsible for maintaining the standards of care in a holistic, family centered and individualized manner. In the performance of his/her job
duties, the ER Tech is responsible for maintaining quality and guest relations.
- BLS required. ACLS and PALS preferred but not required.
- Minimum two-year experience as an ER Tech. Hospital experience preferred but not required.
- Strong communication skills both in oral format and written.
- Flexible and service oriented.
- Problem solving skills and ability to critically think in an emergency setting.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Potential physical activity such as heavy lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of objects over 100 lbs.
- Maintains continuing education as needed for licensure.
- Carry out delegated tasks as assigned by the RN and/or Physician within the EMT-P scope of practice.
- Follow protocols, written by the medical director, as they pertain to medication, administration, specimen collection, or any other delegated task.
- Documents accurately in the electronic medical records, maintaining patient privacy and adheres to HIPAA standards.
- Documents appropriately and accurately in all log books in the laboratory when documenting patient lab results.
- Reports critical lab values appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Assists with the stabilization and continues treatment of patients in the emergency department.
- Assists nurses in performing direct patient care activities.
- Stocks departments/rooms daily.
- Exhibits positive attitude towards performances of duties/customer service skills.
- Assists in ensuring all chest pain patients receive EKG within 10 minutes of arrival.
- Answers calls for assistance by staff and patients promptly.
- Rounds on patients to provide appropriate comfort measures for patients.
- Coordinates patient care activities with nurses.
- Assists in keeping all areas of the Emergency Department neat, organized, and clean. Returns/cleans equipment after use.
- Actively looks for ways to improve patient care in the Emergency Department.
- Collects/processes specimens in proper, timely manner.
- Promotes positive image of SignatureCare Emergency Center in all interactions.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
|Manual dexterity||x||Use of latex gloves||x|
|Perform shift work||x||Exposure to toxic diacaustic/chemicals/detergent||x|
|Maneuver weight of patients||x||Exposure to extreme conditions, hot/cold|
|Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder||x||Exposure to dust/fumes/helicopter|
|Walk 2 hours per day||x||Exposure to moving mechanical parts||x|
|Reach above the shoulder||x||Exposure to potential electrical shock||x|
|Repetitive arm/hand movements||x||Exposure to x-ray/electromagnetic energy|
|Finger dexterity||x||Exposure to high pitched noises||x|
|Color Vision||x||Exposure to communicable diseases||x|
|Acuity-far||x||Blood born pathogen exposure||x|
|Acuity-near||x||Gaseous risk exposure|
|Depth perception||x||Use of a fitted respirator||x|
|PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS||NONE||SOME||FREQ||VR. FREQ|
|Lifting (0-50 LBS)||x|
|Carrying (0-50 LBS)||x|
|Pushing (0-300 LBS)||x|
|Pulling (0-300 LBS)||x|