The Facility Nurse Manager is a licensed professional responsible for maintaining the standards of the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The facility nurse manager assists the director with all the facilities activity to assure coordination within the company mission and vision. The Facility Manager is responsible for safe, effective patient care and providing leadership and promotion of staff development. In performing his/her professional practice the facility manager is responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness, quality improvement, and guest relations. Care will include individualized, holistic, family cantered and safe care. The RN cares for patients in the age ranges as listed: infants, adolescents, adults to geriatrics.
- Graduate of an accredit school of Professional Nursing, preferably with a Baccalaureate or Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Current registration and licensure with the Board of Nurse Examiners for the state or a Compact state.
- Minimum of 3 years of recent experience.
- Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider, ACLS, PALS or ENPC. Must have a current care from an American Heart Association (AHA) recognized course.
- TNCC & CEN preferred.
- Experience obtaining and maintaining certification through BNE and state regulatory bodies.
- Position requires 24-hour accountability.
- Lead the nursing, radiology and front office departments; provide conflict resolution for facility issues.
- Serves as primary contact for all internal communication.
- Monitors patient service feedback and contributes to the process of resolving complaints and service issues
- Responsible for hiring, termination, and coordinating necessary HR approvals.
- Monitor, coach, develop, and evaluate performance of staff on an ongoing basis in accordance with applicable performance standards
- Collaborate with respective Directors/Director of Nursing and Director of Operations on technical aspects
- Coordinate and conduct monthly facility meetings in collaboration with Facility Medical Director.
- Ensure staff is fully certified, facility inspections are current, and ER is performing in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks & projects in a productive manner.
- Must be able to work independently.
The Facility Administrator is also the Facility Nurse Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Completes administrative duties in a timely manner.
- Responsible for implementation and education of all new policies and procedures.
- Prepare monthly work schedule for department, schedule PTO, and minimize overtime.
- Review all facility hours and submit to payroll.
- Responsible for covering any open nursing shifts in ER in the event no one is available.
- Responsible for orientation of new staff.
- Maintain Laboratory in accordance with CLIA, COLA, TJC standards.
- Responsible for conducting regular inventory checks and ensuring the facility maintains par levels of patient care supplies.
- Willing to provide direct patient care when required, models expected behavior to staff.
- Effectively manages conflict in facility.
- Works with all departments to improve coordination of care.
- Creates and maintains atmosphere in the work place that is conductive to employees personal and professional growth,
- Assists in managing patient volumes/flow processes.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit;
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
This is not necessarily an extensive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the
job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or require
that other different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or
Please use our Online Application to Apply for this position. Those we are interesting in interviewing will be contacted.