The Lead CT Technologist (Lead CT) position will be a salaried position. This position requires that an average of 3 clinical shifts are worked per week. The Lead RT will be responsible for all day to day radiology facility needs. They will be required to share call, not only for their assigned facility, but for all facilities within Signature Care. The Lead CT will also be responsible for assisting the Radiology Manager with any needs that may arise.
- Successful completion of a two-year program in Radiology studies
- Current compliance with continuing medical education
- Certification in CT not required upon initial hire, but is required within 6 months of employment.
- Minimum of two year experience. Experience preferred to be in a hospital setting/acute care setting.
- Current BLS.
- Problem solving abilities with the ability and initiative to intervene immediately if needed for patient safety.
- Previous management experience preferred but not required.
JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Courtesy and respect for every staff member.
- Documents accurately all findings. Completes documentation for pregnancy verification in females of childbearing age, and completes documentation regarding the diabetic patient and contrast iodine.
- Laboratory point of care testing and all CLIA waved testing approved by the Laboratory Director
- Accurate documentation of Laboratory testing, critical values, and communications.
- Initiation of intravenous access with physician’s order and obtains specimens for laboratory testing.
- Maintains accurate patient log for CT, x-ray, and ultrasound
- Performs all daily lab and equipment checks for quality assurance.
- Maintains the facility in clean working order in accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure or deficiencies to the Nurse Manager.
- Reviews Company emails throughout every shift as this will be the primary means of communication.
- Accurately documents any incidents and reports them to the Nurse Manager and Physician on duty.
- Uses Biohazard containers correctly
- Empties sharps containers in a safe and timely manner
- Take “Call” for all Signature Care facilities
- Assist the Radiology Manager in Staffing/Scheduling
- Oversees that QAs are being performed on radiology equipment
- Oversees that the Daily Radiology Chart Audit is being performed
- Ensures the radiology department is fully stocked will supplies
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
Please use our Online Application to apply for this position or simply complete the form below. Those we are interested in interviewing will be contacted.
SignatureCare Emergency Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or veteran status. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skills required for this position.
Apply for Open Emergency Room (ER) Positions Please complete the form below to apply for any open position.
* Field is required