The LMRT will perform radiological duties in compliance with x-ray department and legal requirements. S/He will help patients feel comfortable during the entire process and perform selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that assist in the delivery of urgent care and patient care management under the direction of a physician. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual’s degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of the clinic and Texas state laws governing such action and activities.
HS Diploma Required. Knowledge and skills usually acquired through courses imparted by an accredited LMRT Program Certificate/License:
- Certification obtained from an accredited Medical Assistant program (optional but desired).
- Current Texas LMRT certification.
- Previous Experience in a Healthcare Setting.
- Bilingual desired.
- Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider. Must have a current care from an American Heart Association (AHA) Recognized course.
JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment. Takes patient histories and vital signs.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
- Administer injections and applies dressings as instructed and appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Assist physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and exams as instructed and appropriate.
- Assist with scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Maintain patient records and other information.
- Perform direct patient care as instructed by the physician if appropriate.
- Respect patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintain equipment in a clean and safe condition at all times.
- Perform related clerical duties such as filing and scheduling patients as required.
- Skill in documenting and maintaining patient care records.
- Skill in following medical quality assurance and quality control standards.
- Excellent people skills. Ability to work well and effectively with others.
VARIABLE JOB DETAILS
Performs radiographic and other diagnostic imaging procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease and injuries by performing the following duties:
- Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedures;
- Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician;
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation; moves imaging equipment into specified position,
- Determines exposure factors on basis of height, weight, portion of body involved, and degree of penetration required, and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density and accuracy;
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff; performs specialized and routine diagnostic radiology procedures;
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician;
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions and arranges for repairs as needed
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs and reports of work performed.
- Must be able to perform radiologic procedures, office duties.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
Please use our Online Application to apply for this position or simply complete the form below. Those we are interested in interviewing will be contacted.
SignatureCare Emergency Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or veteran status. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skills required for this position.
Apply for Open Emergency Room (ER) Positions Please complete the form below to apply for any open position.
* Field is required