Maintains/repairs, installs, removes, starts/stops equipment (pumps-moto-boiler-chiller-air-handler) and facility wide equipment (bed, plumbing
fixtures, minor electrical services, stretcher, dishwasher, etc.) Work with little or no supervision.
- 2-5 years previous experience in commercial setting required: hospital
- Working knowledge in cooling, heating systems, electrical trouble shooting, mechanical system, and general plumbing and carpentry experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Trade/technical schools a plus.
JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of power plant equipment (boiler, pumps, motors, chillers, air handlers, etc.)
- All interior (night lights, floods, fluorescent, exit, etc.) will require changing of bulbs, ballasts, starters, etc., as needed.
- Responsible for trouble shooting the following: nurse call system, telecommunication and a variety of other communication systems.
- Responsible for repairs, stretchers over bed tables, night stands, side rails, chairs, etc. (Equipment that makes up a patient room).
- Responsible for maintaining wheelchairs, utility carts, patient transport carts etc.
- Responsible for maintaining (commodes, sinks, dispensers, drains, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining the environmental appearance of the facility (walls, ceilings, door frames, floors, etc.)
- Responsible for emergency generator operation and emergency procedure of starts and stops.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment used in nurse station type setting (phones, refrigerators, chairs, etc.)
- Responsible for all components of the facility but not limited to hallways, stairwells, patient rooms, nurse stations, offices, exam rooms, equipment throughout etc., and all other related duty.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all time.
- Reports unsafe conditions.
- Assists willingly all other Maintenance Technicians as needed or directed.
- Uses good telephone courtesy (identify department and your name).
- Assists willingly with moving furniture, boxes, and heavy objects.
- Adheres to facility and department policies and procedures.
- Participates in the monthly department meetings.
- Assists in maintaining and taking inventory of supplies and stock as needed to insure your daily operation.
- Responds to fire and disaster codes.
- Maintains the painted finishes of walls, doors, frame, etc. throughout the facility.
- Responsible for insuring the facility environmental finished are maintained.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Interaction with all departments,
- Work with vendors/learn from their knowledge
- Limit outside resource and keep good repair technique
To apply for this or any other position fill out and attach your resume using the below form.
SignatureCare Emergency Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or veteran status. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work performed by Maintenance Managers assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skills required of Maintenance Managers so classified.