Maintains/repairs, installs, removes, starts/stops equipment (pumps-moto-boiler-chiller-air-handler) and facility wide equipment (bed, plumbing
fixtures, minor electrical services, stretcher, dishwasher, etc.) Work with little or no supervision.
- 2-5 years previous experience in commercial setting required: hospital
- Working knowledge in cooling, heating systems, electrical trouble shooting, mechanical system, and general plumbing and carpentry experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Trade/technical schools a plus.
JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Performs preventative maintenance on a variety of power plant equipment (boiler, pumps, motors, chillers, air handlers, etc.)
- All interior (night lights, floods, fluorescent, exit, etc.) will require changing of bulbs, ballasts, starters, etc., as needed.
- Responsible for trouble shooting the following: nurse call system, telecommunication and a variety of other communication systems.
- Responsible for repairs, stretchers over bed tables, night stands, side rails, chairs, etc. (Equipment that makes up a patient room).
- Responsible for maintaining wheelchairs, utility carts, patient transport carts etc.
- Responsible for maintaining (commodes, sinks, dispensers, drains, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining the environmental appearance of the facility (walls, ceilings, door frames, floors, etc.)
- Responsible for emergency generator operation and emergency procedure of starts and stops.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment used in nurse station type setting (phones, refrigerators, chairs, etc.)
- Responsible for all components of the facility but not limited to hallways, stairwells, patient rooms, nurse stations, offices, exam rooms, equipment throughout etc., and all other related duty.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area at all time.
- Reports unsafe conditions.
- Assists willingly all other Maintenance Technicians as needed or directed.
- Uses good telephone courtesy (identify department and your name).
- Assists willingly with moving furniture, boxes, and heavy objects.
- Adheres to facility and department policies and procedures.
- Participates in the monthly department meetings.
- Assists in maintaining and taking inventory of supplies and stock as needed to insure your daily operation.
- Responds to fire and disaster codes.
- Maintains the painted finishes of walls, doors, frame, etc. throughout the facility.
- Responsible for insuring the facility environmental finished are maintained.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Interaction with all departments,
- Work with vendors/learn from their knowledge
- Limit outside resource and keep good repair technique
To apply for this or any other position fill out and attach your resume using the below form.