The Registration clerk is responsible for obtaining accurate patient demographic and financial information for registration and claim reimbursement. The Registration personnel will assist the RNs and Physicians with all tasks delegated and within their scope of practice. Within Registration’s professional practice they are responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness, guest relations, and explaining the admissions process accurately to the customer.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma/ G.E.D.
- Current BLS certification
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format
- Must be flexible and service oriented.
- Problem solving abilities with the ability to intervene immediately and awareness of changing conditions may require additional assistance.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to multitask and maintain a positive attitude in very challenging situations.
- Typing minimum 45 WPM
- Courtesy and respect for every staff member.
- Working knowledge of banking and cash handling requirements.
- Maintains accurate patient log for all patients seen in the Emergency Department.
- Maintains the facility in clean working order in accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure or deficiencies to the Nurse Manager.
- Reviews Company emails throughout every shift as this will be the primary means of communication.
- Accurately documents any incidents and reports them to the Nurse Manager and Physician on duty.
- Monitors supply needs for Registration and notifies Lead Registration when necessary.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
Please use our Online Application to Apply for this position. Those we are interesting in interviewing will be contacted.