The Registration clerk is responsible for obtaining accurate patient demographic and financial information for registration and claim reimbursement. The Registration personnel will assist the RNs and Physicians with all tasks delegated and within their scope of practice. Within Registration’s professional practice they are responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness, guest relations, and explaining the admissions process accurately to the customer.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma/ G.E.D.
- Current BLS certification
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format
- Must be flexible and service oriented.
- Problem solving abilities with the ability to intervene immediately and awareness of changing conditions may require additional assistance.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to multitask and maintain a positive attitude in very challenging situations.
- Typing minimum 45 WPM
- Courtesy and respect for every staff member.
- Working knowledge of banking and cash handling requirements.
- Maintains accurate patient log for all patients seen in the Emergency Department.
- Maintains the facility in clean working order in accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure or deficiencies to the Nurse Manager.
- Reviews Company emails throughout every shift as this will be the primary means of communication.
- Accurately documents any incidents and reports them to the Nurse Manager and Physician on duty.
- Monitors supply needs for Registration and notifies Lead Registration when necessary.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
Please use our Online Application to apply for this position or simply complete the form below. Those we are interested in interviewing will be contacted.
SignatureCare Emergency Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, physical or mental disability or veteran status. The above job description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements of the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties & skills required for this position.
Apply for Open Emergency Room (ER) Positions Please complete the form below to apply for any open position.
* Field is required