The Radiology Technologist (RT) is responsible for accurately performing x-ray and CT scans ordered by the Emergency Room Physician. The Radiology Technologist will assist the RNs and Physicians with all tasks delegated and within their scope of practice. Within the RTs professional practice, they are responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness, and guest relations. The Radiology Technologist has the responsibility to be a strong patient advocate as well as having the ability to effectively educate patient and family members regarding radiological studies performed during their Emergency Room visit.
- Successful completion of a two-year program in Radiologic studies.
- Current compliance with continuing medical education.
- Certification in CT not required upon initial hire, but is required within 6 months of employment.
- Minimum of two year experience. Experience preferred to be in a hospital setting/acute care setting.
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS preferred but not required.
- Problem solving abilities with the ability and initiative to intervene immediately if needed for patient safety.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Courtesy and respect for every staff member.
- Documents accurately all findings. Completes documentation for pregnancy verification in females of childbearing age, and completes documentation regarding the diabetic patient and contrast iodine.
- Laboratory point of care testing and all CLIA waived testing approved by the Laboratory Director.
- Accurate documentation of Laboratory testing, critical values, and communications.
- Initiation of intravenous access with physician’s order and obtains specimens for laboratory testing. Maintains accurate patient log for CT, x-ray, and ultrasound.
- Performs all daily lab and equipment checks for quality assurance.
- Maintains the facility in clean working order in accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure or deficiencies to the Nurse Manager.
- Reviews Company emails throughout every shift as this will be the primary means of communication.
- Accurately documents any incidents and reports them to the Nurse Manager and Physician on duty.
- Uses Biohazard containers correctly.
- Empties sharps containers in a safe and timely manner.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
Please use our Online Application to Apply for this position. Those we are interesting in interviewing will be contacted.