The Registered Nurse is a licensed professional responsible for maintaining the standards of the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. The RN will assess, organize, modify, evaluate, document and maintain the plan of care for Emergency Department patients. In performing his/her professional practice the RN is responsible for maintaining quality cost effectiveness and guest relations. Care will include individualized, holistic, family centered and safe care. The RN cares for patients in the age ranges as listed: infants, adolescents, adults to geriatrics. Maintains a safe therapeutic environment.
- Associate Degree Nurse or higher
- Registered Nurse with current Texas license
- Minimum of 3+ years emergency room experience
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS or ENPC (TNCC and CEN preferred but not required)
- Strong skills in both oral and written format
- Must be flexible and service oriented
- Problem solving abilities with the ability to intervene immediately and awareness of changing conditions that may require additional assistance, (Critical-thinking)
JOBS RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Accurately assesses patient acuity and assigns appropriate triage level.
- Identifies and prioritizes patient needs and accomplishes them in an organizes, timely manner.
- Collaborates with physicians to provides appropriate plan of care.
- Exhibits high level customer service skills, anticipates patient’s needs.
- Places equal emphasis on quality and compassion in caring for patients.
- Actively participates in solving problems on the unit to improve process issues as well as patient flow.
- Oversees all aspects of patient care, coordinates diagnostic tests, and treatments to ensure timely care of patient and movement through the Emergency Department.
- Provides for maximum patient safety at all times.
- Maintains flexibility in performing work duties to adapt to changes in patient volume.
- Seeks to maintains and improve positive, professional relationships with other nursing units and ancillary staff.
- Laboratory point of care testing and all CLIA waved testing approved by the Laboratory Director
- Follow up on all send out lab specimens with accurate-documentation and physician notification.
- Documents accurately on the perpetual narcotic inventory form, and report any discrepancies to the Nurse Manager immediately.
- Performs all daily lab and equipment checks for Quality Assurance.
- Performs with follow up phone calls.
- Maintains the facility in clean working order in accordance with OSHA and reports any equipment failure or deficiencies to the Nurse Manager.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and documents accurately in the patient chart,
- Responsible for delegating appropriately to Radiology Technician, Registration Clerk, and EMT-Paramedic.
- Monitors supplies every shift and reports shortages when noted.
- Reviews company emails throughout every shift as this be the primary means of communication
- Accurately documents any incidents and reports to Nurse Manager and Physician on duty.
- Uses biohazard containers correctly.
- Empties sharps containers in a timely and safe manner.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform specific competencies as listed on the competency validation checklist(s).
- Demonstrates age specific knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients.
- Ensures the privacy of our patient and confidentiality of their Protected Health Information’s (PHI).
- Meets mutually agreed upon performance goals/objectives as listed on the Performance Management Plan.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Documents all patient care.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills.
- Promotes and exhibits teamwork.
- Completes mandatory education.
- Complies with hospital polices/procedures and patient safety initiatives.
- Performs duties in a fast-paced emergency room
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move using proper body mechanics and agree to ask for assistance if required.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit; The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must submit to random drug screenings.
Please use our Online Application to Apply for this position. Those we are interesting in interviewing will be contacted.